As a maternity and newborn photographer, I have the privilege of often spending time with new moms- and if there's one thing I've learned about stepping into motherhood- it's that knowledge is power, and having a tribe trumps mom-ing alone.
Tune in and learn from other moms and birth & baby experts from all over the world. Whether you're preparing your mind and body for the new season ahead, or up nursing in the middle of the night, there's a community of conversation waiting here for you.
- One of the core values of The Confident Momcast is sharing topics surroundings pregnancy, birth, and postpartum from a fear free perspective.
- It's my desire to share from a place of "This is what I wish I knew then", and "If I could share with a new Mom what I learned through that experience, it would be xyz", and "Looking back I can see how knowing this really made a difference for me".
- This is not going to be a platform for horror stories, or a "negative" reality. Every episode will bring hope, joy, faith, and confidence- not fear, discouragement, depression, or helplessness. This is education for empowerment.
- Something that was really important to me in launching The Confident Momcast was providing a place of education about pregnancy, birth, and postpartum that wasn't...well... weird! While I am all for sharing natural approaches, episode titles such as "Celebrate your Placenta!" will not be found here.
- I am a faith-filled Christian and everything in my own life is filtered through the lens of what the Word of God teaches. While I in no way expect all of my guests to share my beliefs, I do hold a standard for what content will be shared. I believe that your expectation for anything in life- including becoming a mother- directly affects your outcome and reality. This is a deep reason why no topics will be shared based on fear, anxiousness, or sadness. I believe that becoming a mother is a time of joy and that you are strong and capable of more than you think.
- The role & value of a doula in your birth experience
- The role & value of a midwife in your birth experience
- Doctor vs Midwife- how to choose the best fit for you
- Tips for preparing mentally, physically, spiritually, and emotionally for birth
- Pregnancy and Postpartum health & nutrition
- Tips for healing and feeling strong postpartum
- Books to read during pregnancy and why
- A great hospital birth experience
- A great home birth experience
- A great experience at a birthing center
- How to create your birth plan
- Adjusting to life at home with a newborn
- Introducing siblings to a new baby
- Birth Photography
- Adoption and bringing home a newborn that you didn't give birth to
- Relaxation and Focus Techniques for Birth
- The Epidural- what is it and is it right for you?
- How to prepare your husband for birth and postpartum
- Postpartum care preparation
The Confident Momcast is broadcasted as a video conversation online, and is available to watch live, as well as a recorded replay. As a guest, you will be sent all the details you need to join me live. I am looking for moms and birth & baby experts who are willing to share their experience and knowledge with this growing tribe of new mamas.